It’s that exciting time of the year again, but we’re not talking about basketball. Hold on to your gardening hats, sports fans, it’s time for the Red Oak Rain Garden’s FOURTH ANNUAL Mulch Madness contest! 🎉 Our tournament takes an educational spin, teaching people about native plants in an engaging and competitive way.
HOW IT WORKS
Twenty-eight native plants from the Red Oak Rain Garden are battling it out for the title as this year’s Champion. Your votes will determine which plant is the winner! All of the “games” are held through polls on RORG’s social media. Follow us @RainGardenUIUC to play along!
Matches take place on weekdays from Tuesday, March 14 to Thursday, March 30 at 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM. This is your chance to vote! You do not need to submit a bracket to participate in the games, but it is more fun that way!
HOW TO SUBMIT A BRACKET
- Click on the bracket below.
- In the tab that pops up, click the “download” icon
- Fill it out with your picks and save the document. Please include your name! Note that you can learn more about the plants by clicking their names in the bracket.
- Submit it to email@example.com by Tuesday, March 14 at 10:00 AM.
- One bracket entry per person. Brackets must be submitted by Tuesday, March 14 by 10:00 AM. Games start at 11:00 AM the same day.
- The winning bracket is chosen based on the ESPN Fantasy scoring system.
A correct pick in each round is shown below:
- Round 1: 10 points per pick
- Round 2: 20 points per pick
- Round 3: 40 points per pick
- Round 4: 80 points per pick
- Championship: 160 points per pick
Your points are totaled according to correct guesses, so the person with the most accurate bracket receives a special reward from us: A $20 gift certificate to a local business of your choice! The business must have a gift certificate option available.
Good luck, gardeners. We look forward to another year of Mulch Madness…
May the best plant win!
2022- Wild Hyacinth
2021- Virginia Bluebells